Some services provided are not covered under our contract with the NHS and therefore attract charges. Examples include the following:
- Medicals for pre-employment, sports and driving requirements (HGV, PSV etc.)
- Insurance claim forms
- Passport signing
- Prescriptions for taking medication abroad
- Private sick notes
- Vaccination certificates
The fees charged are based on the British Medical Association (BMA) suggested scales and our reception staff will be happy to advise you about them along with appointment availability.
A major part of Britain's healthcare is provided by the private sector who have the skills and capacity to undertake procedures quickly and cost effectively.
High Quality Services
A wide range of high quality services is available to purchasers through agreements between the public and independent sectors. Independent healthcare facilities include:
- Private hospitals and clinics
- Private nursing and residential homes
- Private patient units in NHS Trusts
- Independent Acute psychiatric hospitals
Continuing partnership between the independent sector, the NHS and local authorities means:
- More choice
- Many NHS Trusts buy services from independent hospitals to reduce service pressures.
Independent Healthcare Association
The Independent Healthcare Association (IHA) is an association for the UK's independent healthcare sector. The association promotes the highest standards in independent health and social care. Members include charitable and private providers of:
- Psychiatric and substance misuse services
- Pathology laboratories
- Rehabilitation services
- Day services