The NHS App
The NHS App is available on iOS and Android, or you can also access NHS App services from the browser on your desktop or laptop computer. To use it you must be aged 13 and over and registered with a GP surgery in England. Find out more about who can use the App: Who can use the NHS App - Help and support - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
It can be used for many services surrounding your health care and medical records, including:
- Your NHS COVID Pass – view or share your COVID Pass for places in England that have chosen to use this service and when travelling abroad.
- Advice about Coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it.
- Ordering Prescriptions - see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
- Book Appointments - search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery. You can also see details of your upcoming and past appointments.
- Health Advice - search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments. You can also answer questions to get instant advice or medical help near you.
- Your Health Record - securely access your GP health record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines. If your GP has given you access to your detailed medical record, you can also see information like test results and details of your consultations.
COVID PASS UPDATE:
From 3rd February, 2022, 13-15 year olds will be able to sign up to the NHS App using their own email address and as long as they pass validation with a passport, they will get access to the COVID Vaccine certificates and also recvoery certificates which will appear ten days after a positive COVID PCR test, and will remain valid until 180 days after the the date of the test. They will be able to order repeat prescriptions, if they have any, but won't be able to have automatic access to the medical record. For this, they will need to apprach the Practice who will have to assess competence.
You can also visit https://covid-status.service.nhsx.nhs.uk/ to access the COVID Vaccine certificates, along with downloading or emailing a copy for yourself.
For more information about the NHS App, please follow this link: About the NHS App - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
For help and support regarding the NHS App, please follow this link: NHS App help and support - NHS (www.nhs.uk)